In two weeks we will be in Paris! Steve and I have not been to Paris since 1988. 21 years ago we started our big European Adventure (a year traveling in Europe) with ten nights in Paris. People have been born and gradutated from college in that time, and we never managed to make it back to Paris.
We rented a lovely apartment in the 5th (in the Latin Quarter near the Sorbonne). I love to stay in vacation rentals in historic buildings and this one looks like it will be interesting. It is on the 5th floor of a 17th century building with views of Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur. When I was using Google Maps Street View to “walk” my new neighborhood, I saw that there is a cafe beside the entrance to the building. How perfect is that?
Of course, I do have a bit of nervousness about being in a big city (we tend towards small towns and countryside these days) and am anticipating a breathtakingly tiny elevator to take us up to that 5th floor - we may be hoofing it instead. I also figure everyone in Paris wears perfume (we are allergic to the chemicals in fragrances), but we will be able to escape up to our 5th floor nest to breathe in some clean air – won’t we?
I am making my restaurant list for Paris. I am looking for good vegetarian/vegan/macrobiotic restaurants. So far it is looking great. I found three macrobiotic restaurants within a few blocks of our apartment. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them. Also if you have anything to suggest that we should do in Paris, please post.
Resources for Vegetarian Restaurants in Paris
- Happy Cow – France - Vegetarian restaurants and natural food stores by city in France.
- Happy Cow – Paris – Vegetarian restaurants and natural food stores in Paris.
- ParisVegetarian - Reviews of vegetarian and vegetarian-friendly restaurants.
- VeganParis - Descriptions and reviews of vegan restaurants, including an up to date list of vegetarian/vegan/macrobiotic restaurants.
- Veggie Places – Paris - List of vegetarian restaurants and a google map showing locations.
- Venere Travel Blog – How to Eat Organic in Paris by Barbara Diggs. Not all organic restaurants are vegetarian, but they are likely to have vegetarian options.